Our award winning, hands on culinary immersion program meets 12 consecutive Monday nights and covers every topic from Knife Skills to Presentation, French culinary technique and everything in between.
We only offer this program once a year, don’t miss out on your chance to take part. Class size is very limited.
We are offering our EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT
for those who register before February 15th 2019.
Cooking with Class Presents:
12 week Culinary Technique Series
Begins Monday, February 25th and runs each subsequent Monday evening for 12 weeks.
This is an incredible opportunity to take our immersive, hands on chef lead program that will focus on core technique and give you a culinary academy experience in 12 short sessions. It is designed to instill confidence in the kitchen, teach you proper technique for handling knives and ingredient selection, and includes a comprehensive but accelerated overview of a traditional culinary academy but in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost. Enrolled students will have an opportunity to join us for an intimate approach to hands on culinary technique, taught by a certified executive chef, and have access to attend our other classes with discounted pricing.
We only run this program once a year. Space is VERY limited in these programs so please make sure and register as soon as you are ready so we can make sure and hold a space for you!
Students registering before February 15th 2019 will be eligible
for the $150 early registration discount.
1. Introduction, safety and sanitation, knife skills
2. Stocks, broth and 5 mother sauces, begin veal stock preparation
3. Small sauces, specialty sauces
4. Soups, stews and chowders
5. Salads, dressings, general vegetable cookery
6. Starchy vegetables, potatoes, grains and pasta
7. Beef, pork and game meats
8. Poultry and game birds
9. Finfish and shellfish
10. French cuisine, western cooking
11. Chinese, Asian eastern cooking
12. Final Exam (Dinner Preparation)
In addition, you will receive the following with your paid tuition:
● All source materials including the official class text book, additional recipes from our chef and any supplemental materials
● Chef’s Coat to be worn during class
● Discounted pricing on all of our other cooking classes during the length of the program equal to 25% off, space permitting.
● All materials are provided including ingredients and equipment
What to expect during your class:
● Class meets promptly at 5pm each monday, with approximately 25-35 minutes of lecture followed by 2-3 hours of hands on instruction
● Weekly reading assignments
● Work on technique, presentation, substitutions and meal planning
● Primarily you will work in groups to achieve the evening’s recipe agenda however there will be some individual work as well.
● Bring take-away containers to take home leftover food to share with your family!
● The last class will consist of a dinner prepared by the students that will include some invited guests.
● Upon successful completion of the program you will receive a certificate of completion from Cooking with Class.
● Must be able to comfortably stand for up to 4 hours in a single period
● Willingness to learn and work together in a group
● Must wear closed toed, rubber soled shoes and pants along with your chef’s coat to each class. Please, no nails longer than ¼ inch past the natural nail bed. No Perfume or large jewelry. Hair longer than chin length must be securely tied back.
● Attendance of at least 10 of the scheduled classes is required in order to
receive your certificate of completion from our school.
● Payment in full is required to register for this class before November 6th. We have very limited space available which requires a strict cancellation policy. Payment can be made in one sum or divided in two payments, with the first payment required to secure your space and the second payment due one week prior to the first class date.
● Refunds will not be given for any portion of the class after it begins, under any circumstances. Please make sure you are able to attend before registering. Before the class begins, if you have to cancel or withdraw we reserve the right to determine eligibility for refunds based case by case. If we have someone on the wait list to take your place we will refund any tuition paid by you less any administrative or materials costs that have already been spent on your behalf. If we are unable to fill your spot we will issue a partial refund of 25% of your currently paid tuition contribution provided you give us written notice of withdrawal no less than one week before the start of the program.
Early registration discount deadline is February 15th, 2019
$1700 if registered before February 15th, 2019
$1850 if registered after February 15th, 2019
Payment can be made via check, cashiers check, cash or credit.
A minimum 50% deposit is due at the time of registration in order to hold your
space. The balance will be due before the first class date.